Harvard University researchers are using wireless magnetic fields and actuator “muscles” to make folding robots that can move without the bulky addition of batteries to power them. The post Harvard’s folding origami robot can move without requiring battery power appeared first on Digital Trends .
And YouTube’s photo slideshows will vanish too.
Could a Facebook modular smartphone be next?
The outgoing White House Press Secretary gave us head-scratching and hilarious moments on behalf of President Trump. They were often the talk of social media.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets’ not only fails to live up to the legacy of director Luc Besson’s The Fifth Element, it often fails to make any sense at all.
A heavily-modified Subaru WRX STI just set a record for sedans at the Nurburgring, the German racetrack that has become a benchmark for performance cars. Its 6:57.5 lap time rivals some elite supercars.
Zombies, war speeches and a few surprises dominate “The Walking Dead” season 8 trailer. Plus the cast and crew honor a fallen member of the team.
The news from the star Ross 128, some 11 light-years away, turns out to be no news at all. Sorry, alien hunters, the signal was coming from closer to home.
Retailers have been focusing on technologies to measure and assess customer response, and have been using the data they produce to drive e-commerce decisions, suggests a study of 136 enterprise retailers.
During the San Diego Comic-Con panel for the Legion television series, creator Noah Hawley announced he is developing a movie for 20th Century Fox based on Fantastic Four villain Doctor Doom. The post ‘Legion’ creator says he’s developing a Doctor Doom movie for Fox appeared first on Digital Trends .
Facebook’s algorithms may be working to punish fake live video, but millions tuned into a live video that was actually an old GIF. The storm itself was real — but it actually happened back in 2015. The post That viral ‘live’ storm-cloud video
Car stocks plummeted in Germany after the news broke.
Craig Robinson and Adam Scott came to San Diego Comic-Con to talk about their new Fox comedy, Ghosted.
Not only is this move baffling, it could backfire and put blood on Ford’s hands.
The US version of the rumored Moto Z2 Force will reportedly get worse specs than its global counterpart.
Also today: Intel’s new thumb drive PC sports AI, neural network goodies, and Luc Besson’s latest sci-fi extravaganza hit screens today. The post Lyft boots up self-driving car program to take on Uber, Tesla… and everyone appeared first on Digital Trends .
Doctors at LSU Health New Orleans and the University of North Dakota have successfully reversed severe brain damage suffered by a 2-year-old girl after she came close to drowning by using hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The post Oxygen treatment reverses brain damage in a 2-year-old drowning patient appeared first on Digital Trends .
In the tech world, a lot happens in a week. So much news goes on that it’s almost impossible for mere mortals with real lives to keep track of it. That’s why we’ve compiled a quick and dirty list of the top tech stories from this week.
Are Ben Affleck’s days as the Dark Knight numbered? A source with knowledge of the situation says that Warner Bros. is looking to begin a “graceful” transition, during which the actor will be replaced by another Caped Crusader.
Disney Research is figuring out ways to make you love its movies even more, such as applying neural net technology to determining if audiences are reacting as they should to Disney’s latest films. The post Disney uses neural net technology to see if you love its movies like you should appeared first on Digital Trends .
- Comic-Con 2017: New ‘Game of Thrones’ trailer, dissected shot by shot – CNET
- Comic-Con: The Defenders have arrived to kick-ass and take names – CNET
- San Diego Comic-Con 2017
- Comic-Con 2017: ‘The Gifted’ promises mutant mayhem in X-Men spin-off – CNET
- EditorsKeys provides the custom Surface keyboard covers Microsoft forgot
- Surftech and Bloom team to create stand-up paddle boards made with algae
- The ‘Destiny 2’ beta is just one of the best game demos you can play this weekend
- Researchers are working to develop invisibility cloaking technology
- HBO teases the remainder of ‘Game of Thrones’ season 7 with Comic-Con trailer
- Get your Sagan on with these 47 awe-inspiring photos of the final frontier
- The Avionics V1 looks like no other ebike on the market, reaches 32 mph
- Comic-Con: Conquer Westeros in ‘Game of Thrones’ Winter Is Here experience – CNET
- 10 crazy Street View images that will make you question reality
- New patent suggests Nikon is prepping a full-frame curved-sensor system
- Sprint nails Verizon with ‘Twice the Price’ ad, sneaks in unlimited data plans
- Take that Milwaukee. Pokemon Go is protected free speech – CNET
- Someone strapped a 360-degree camera to a rocket – CNET
- Comic-Con 2017: Surprises in ‘Game of Thrones’ season 7 trailer and panel – CNET
- It’s all-out war in ‘The Walking Dead’ season 8 trailer from Comic-Con
- iPhones are very expensive but ‘a safe bet,’ says Woz – CNET
- Harvard’s folding origami robot can move without requiring battery power
- YouTube’s built-in video editor is going away in September – CNET
- Facebook could be next to try out modular devices, a patent suggests
- Sean Spicer resigns: A look back at his spiciest moments – CNET
- ‘Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets’ review
- Subaru turned its WRX STI into a 600-horsepower monster that eats supercars
- Comic-Con 2017: It’s war in ‘The Walking Dead’ season 8 trailer – CNET
- Weird signals from nearby star probably weren’t from there – CNET
- SEO, SEM Rule Retailers’ Marketing Budgets
- ‘Legion’ creator says he’s developing a Doctor Doom movie for Fox