When celebrity deaths are your business, this horrible year actually comes in a little below average, the Stiffs.com commissioner tells CNET.
Need to send an email to someone’s phone as a short text instead?
2016 is the year that made hacking feel routine. Talk of state-supported hackers, stolen emails, and compromised passwords has become so commonplace it’s easy to lose perspective on how unprecedented it really is
Advances in AI mean that 2017 is going to be the best CES for showcasing robotics yet
Potentially useful for anyone that’s interested in purchasing a new Samsung television, a recent app update alludes to the addition of mobile device casting from popular video apps like YouTube and Hulu. The post Samsung app update suggests Chromecast-like streaming on HDTVs appeared first on Digital Trends .
Code associated with a Russian hacking operation, known as ‘Grizzly Steppe,’ is found at a Vermont utility.
The Beach Boys’ lead vocalist Mike Love shares his thoughts on the band’s legacy, vinyl, mono, and the secret sauce that allowed the band to create their “sonic oasis.” The post The Beach Boys’ unsung hero Mike Love shares the band’s secret sauce appeared first on Digital Trends .
Virtual Reality headsets finally made their way into homes in 2016. There were a few speed bumps on the road to perfect immersion, and we still haven’t solved some of them, but the journey has just begun. The post This year’s VR milestones elevated it from novelty to art form appeared first on Digital Trends
Magic Lantern, the company behind the open-source firmware mods for Canon EOS cameras, showed off a potential game changer by revealing its in-camera DNG support in a proof-of-concept update. The post Magic Lantern brings in-camera digital negative RAW files to Canon DSLRs appeared first on Digital Trends .
For over a decade, Photoshop’s pen selection tool has been the best solution to cutting out subject matter within images. Now, you can use this functionality on the go with a new iOS app called Exacto. The post Edit with precision: Exacto brings Photoshop’s pen-selection tool to iOS appeared first on Digital Trends .
In a new piece of research, neural networks have been used to generate high resolution photos based only on a basic text description. Watch out, book illustrators: The machines are coming for you! The post AI system can generate high-res images based on a basic text description appeared first on Digital Trends .
Google is getting pretty serious about helping people find the food they want. It has updated search on mobile once again, this time to show you recipe options when you search for food
Instagram only offers one opportunity to link outside your profile. Now, you can get around that limit with a little workaround from Linktree, a completely free service that can take your Instagram marketing game to the next level.
Move over Touch ID! Tapdo is a wearable fingerprint sensor that lets you map a variety of shortcuts for your different smart devices to various parts of your hand. Here’s how it works
One of the biggest issues with the Apple AirPods is that they can fall out of your ear and you could lose them. An Apple patent, however, suggests that could change in a future version thanks to magnetic ear hooks. The post Apple patent hints at magnetic ear hooks to keep future AirPods in your ear appeared first on Digital Trends
In the tech world, a lot happens in a week. So much news goes on that it’s almost impossible for mere mortals with real lives to keep track of everything.
New research may be able to help restore eyesight in people with inherited blindness — courtesy of gene therapies capable of providing anything from the modulation of activity of specific genes to full-on gene replacement. The post Seeing is believing: New gene therapy could help cure blindness appeared first on Digital Trends .
Amazon is offering shoppers discounts on hundreds of digital items as part of its Digital Day sale. If you do not want to sift through all the items, we’ve graciously handpicked some of our personal favorites. The post Save on movies, music, and more with the best Amazon Digital Day deals appeared first on Digital Trends
The 686 Toolbelt looks like any other belt, but it also has a cache of hidden tools including a bottle opener, screwdrivers, and wrenches, too — all the simple tools you need at a moment’s notice. The post Need a wrench around your waist? The 686 Toolbelt is a multitool you wear appeared first on Digital Trends .
Despite accurately setting an alarm, Sonos owners report that their alarms are waking them up a day earlier than intended.
- Oh, it’s that guy! You know these actors’ faces, we’ll tell you their names
- Facebook suspends Cambridge Analytica for misuse of personal data
- Facebook’s Express Wi-Fi offers internet service to developing countries
- A typo in ‘Civilization VI’ game code can ‘yeild’ some strange A.I. behavior
- Facebook, Cambridge Analytica and Trump: What you need to know – CNET
- Do more with your drone: 5 things you can do with a UAV (aside from taking photos)
- Data of 50M Facebook users obtained by Trump-linked firm – CNET
- US Navy launches submarine maneuvered by Xbox controller – CNET
- Industry insider advises Spotify to look to Netflix for inspiration
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus vs. Apple iPhone X: Tough competition at the top
- Severe solar storms could stop self-driving cars dead in their tracks
- In bid to compete with Amazon, Walmart files patents for farming drones
- Shure’s $3,000 KSE1500 headphones make for an ear-opening experience – CNET
- NASA’s planet-hunting deep space telescope is about to run out of fuel
- NCAA upset kings UMBC share close relationship with Fortnite – CNET
- Computers can’t keep shrinking, but they’ll keep getting better. Here’s how
- New Windows 10 Skip Ahead build forces Mail app users to open links in Edge
- Cosmetics giant L’Oreal buys AR beauty company ModiFace
- Video of skilift malfunction shows skiers being violently flung into the air
- What is USB OTG? Here’s how to use USB drives and more on your Galaxy S9
- What is RAM?
- VW electric Pikes Peak race car has shades of I.D. – Roadshow
- How to make GIFs with Photoshop (or these free alternatives)
- How to make coasters that connect guests to your Wi-Fi with a single tap
- March Madness indeed! UVA goes down and all brackets go bust – CNET
- Facebook bans Trump-linked campaign data firm – CNET
- CNET Asks: Are you excited about the new Fitbit Versa? – CNET
- It’s only business: BlackBerry Motion vs. LG G6 camera shootout
- SmartThings ADT Home Security Starter Kit Review
- Boeing’s new 737 MAX 7 airplane completes first test flight – CNET
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015