When celebrity deaths are your business, this horrible year actually comes in a little below average, the Stiffs.com commissioner tells CNET.
Need to send an email to someone’s phone as a short text instead?
2016 is the year that made hacking feel routine. Talk of state-supported hackers, stolen emails, and compromised passwords has become so commonplace it’s easy to lose perspective on how unprecedented it really is
Advances in AI mean that 2017 is going to be the best CES for showcasing robotics yet
Potentially useful for anyone that’s interested in purchasing a new Samsung television, a recent app update alludes to the addition of mobile device casting from popular video apps like YouTube and Hulu. The post Samsung app update suggests Chromecast-like streaming on HDTVs appeared first on Digital Trends .
Code associated with a Russian hacking operation, known as ‘Grizzly Steppe,’ is found at a Vermont utility.
The Beach Boys’ lead vocalist Mike Love shares his thoughts on the band’s legacy, vinyl, mono, and the secret sauce that allowed the band to create their “sonic oasis.” The post The Beach Boys’ unsung hero Mike Love shares the band’s secret sauce appeared first on Digital Trends .
Virtual Reality headsets finally made their way into homes in 2016. There were a few speed bumps on the road to perfect immersion, and we still haven’t solved some of them, but the journey has just begun. The post This year’s VR milestones elevated it from novelty to art form appeared first on Digital Trends
Magic Lantern, the company behind the open-source firmware mods for Canon EOS cameras, showed off a potential game changer by revealing its in-camera DNG support in a proof-of-concept update. The post Magic Lantern brings in-camera digital negative RAW files to Canon DSLRs appeared first on Digital Trends .
For over a decade, Photoshop’s pen selection tool has been the best solution to cutting out subject matter within images. Now, you can use this functionality on the go with a new iOS app called Exacto. The post Edit with precision: Exacto brings Photoshop’s pen-selection tool to iOS appeared first on Digital Trends .
In a new piece of research, neural networks have been used to generate high resolution photos based only on a basic text description. Watch out, book illustrators: The machines are coming for you! The post AI system can generate high-res images based on a basic text description appeared first on Digital Trends .
Google is getting pretty serious about helping people find the food they want. It has updated search on mobile once again, this time to show you recipe options when you search for food
Instagram only offers one opportunity to link outside your profile. Now, you can get around that limit with a little workaround from Linktree, a completely free service that can take your Instagram marketing game to the next level.
Move over Touch ID! Tapdo is a wearable fingerprint sensor that lets you map a variety of shortcuts for your different smart devices to various parts of your hand. Here’s how it works
One of the biggest issues with the Apple AirPods is that they can fall out of your ear and you could lose them. An Apple patent, however, suggests that could change in a future version thanks to magnetic ear hooks. The post Apple patent hints at magnetic ear hooks to keep future AirPods in your ear appeared first on Digital Trends
In the tech world, a lot happens in a week. So much news goes on that it’s almost impossible for mere mortals with real lives to keep track of everything.
New research may be able to help restore eyesight in people with inherited blindness — courtesy of gene therapies capable of providing anything from the modulation of activity of specific genes to full-on gene replacement. The post Seeing is believing: New gene therapy could help cure blindness appeared first on Digital Trends .
Amazon is offering shoppers discounts on hundreds of digital items as part of its Digital Day sale. If you do not want to sift through all the items, we’ve graciously handpicked some of our personal favorites. The post Save on movies, music, and more with the best Amazon Digital Day deals appeared first on Digital Trends
The 686 Toolbelt looks like any other belt, but it also has a cache of hidden tools including a bottle opener, screwdrivers, and wrenches, too — all the simple tools you need at a moment’s notice. The post Need a wrench around your waist? The 686 Toolbelt is a multitool you wear appeared first on Digital Trends .
Despite accurately setting an alarm, Sonos owners report that their alarms are waking them up a day earlier than intended.
- Neuroscientists use electrical pulses to brain to curb Tourette syndrome tics
- The best workout clothes
- AT&T and Verizon’s speeds start to recover after launch of unlimited data
- Watch ‘Maze Runner’ for cheap with the T-Mobile Tuesdays app
- Bitcoin’s value crashes and it’s taking other currencies with it
- The iconic Land Rover Defender to make a limited but powerful comeback
- 2018 camera tech trends and predictions
- Nomad’s Wireless Hub charges 5 devices at once – CNET
- Siri will keep you posted with ‘give me the news’ feature – CNET
- Sprint says Verizon customers aren’t very smart – CNET
- Google’s Project Fi offers a sort of unlimited plan – CNET
- Kodak Super 8 camera simplifies filming on actual film — but at a cost
- Samsung unveils special Note 8 for PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games
- Troubled Flash solo movie may be getting not one, but two directors
- Airbus casts doubt on A380’s future – CNET
- Microsoft’s E3 2018 showcase may break from the typical formula
- Google Project Fi will no longer charge you for more than 6GB of data
- New pop-up test could help squash spam messages on WhatsApp
- Instagram and Google are buzzkills for dispensaries (The 3:59, Ep. 340) – CNET
- 2018 Detroit Auto Show debuts: All the new cars, trucks, and concepts – Roadshow
- Microsoft’s reportedly ready to revive the Fable franchise – CNET
- NASA saw that blazing, earth-shaking meteor fireball – CNET
- Here’s how to watch Nintendo’s Switch ‘interactive experience’ reveal
- Zuckerberg’s Facebook post pressures Congress to act on DACA – CNET
- No coastline? No problem with the eco-friendly floating Unit Surf Pool
- Challenge the cold in Stio’s new collection of Polartec Power Wool baselayers
- Brave browser begins million-dollar token giveaway – CNET
- All the new cars at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show – Roadshow
- Use artificial intelligence to freshen your room with the Noso diffuser
- The Surface Book 2 is on the way to the UK and Australia – CNET
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015