On Friday, during PAX West, Alienware and Tobii will reveal a new gaming product that will take advantage of the latter company’s eye-tracking technology. It may be a gaming notebook that uses Tobii’s IS4 platform for laptops, monitors, and AIOs. The post Alienware dropping hints about a new product based on Tobii’s eye-tracking tech appeared first on Digital Trends
A company named SolarWindow Technologies has created transparent solar panels, which turn regular windows into photovoltaics 50 times more productive than the ones you’d attach to a roof.
As the first turbocharged mid-engine V8 Ferrari since the iconic F40 and the successor to the lauded 458 Italia, the 488 GTB has a lot to live up to. Fortunately, it appears to be up to the challenge.
A startup called GrokStyle has developed an algorithm that claims to be more accurate than any competing system at recognizing objects within a picture and then linking them to real-world items for sale. The post Startup uses deep learning to let you shop for items by snapping photos appeared first on Digital Trends
Join CNET editors on a tour of all the gadgets catching our eye at the IFA 2016 tech show in Berlin.
Technically Incorrect: This is how you get 110,000 people to instantly like a tweet. You stand up for something.
Goodbye eye drops! Researchers at Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital have created a smart contact lens capable of delivering doses of medication directly to the eye.
Technically Incorrect: The launch ad for the Gear S3 smartwatch feels very much like an old-fashioned watch ad. A men’s watch ad. Is this the way to differentiate yourself from Apple watch?
A hack from 2012 reportedly resulted in the breach of far more user information than previously believed.
Netflix has renewed the ’80s-inspired horror series. Read our theories on Eleven’s fate, those creepy pollywogs and Chief Hopper’s new gig.
Google has announced that it is bringing support for Google Patents, the patent search engine, to 11 more countries, essentially allowing users to search through the patents in each of those countries. The post Google expands its patent search engine to 11 more countries to aid budding inventors appeared first on Digital Trends .
In Hiedelburg, Germany construction has begun on what will be the largest passive housing building to date. A 162-unit apartment complex is set to include several buildings, utilizing 85 percent less energy than comparable developments. The post Largest passive housing development now underway in Germany appeared first on Digital Trends
Two 2-in-1 laptops were announced this week — Lenovo’s Yoga 910 and Acer’s Spin 7. The latter is lighter and thinner, but is it actually better overall?
Apple got slapped with a $14.5 billion tax penalty for its agreement with Ireland, which may appeal the European Commission’s decision. The agreement allowed Apple to pay lower taxes compared to other companies. The post Ireland may appeal European Commission’s $14.5 billion tax penalty on Apple appeared first on Digital Trends
Mercedes-AMG has revealed its latest offering: the GLC43 Coupe with 362 horsepower and 384 pound-feet of torque from a twin-turbo V6 engine. The compact crossover coupe goes toe to toe with BMW’s new X4 M40i.
One man is responsible for more than one quarter of all complaints against the controversial buses, reports the SF Examiner.
Life looks better from a bird’s-eye view, right?
Smartphones and action cameras can be hard to hand-hold, but the Olloclip Pivot makes it a bit easier, thanks to an ergonomic grip. It rotates 225 degrees to provide a comfortable hold from a variety of different shooting angles.
To help home buyers and sellers feel comfortable with the real estate process, a company named Zeppidy created a fully comprehensive online platform geared toward making the process transparent and efficient. The post Zeppidy centralizes home buying/selling into an all-in-one online tool appeared first on Digital Trends
The app unlocks the power of raw photo editing, an option that offers new flexibility and image quality compared to plain old JPEGs.
- Not happy with the latest? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10
- Self-contained Winnebago Revel 4×4 lets you stay wherever you can drive
- Going once, going twice: An Apple-1 and a Steve Jobs autograph – CNET
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet: 8K VR, smoke-free fires, a drone for your home
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ spaceship flies over New York City – CNET
- You and Bambi will both appreciate the new technologies reducing roadkill
- 12 famous faces joining the casts of popular series this fall
- LG UJ7700 TV unboxing and setup: Get this affordable big screen ready to watch
- Watch the first trailer for Wes Anderson’s new stop-motion film ‘Isle of Dogs’
- Explore new and different gaming worlds with 20 of the best indie games
- No frenzied rush at the iPhone 8 launch as consumers hold out for iPhone X
- Amazon dives deeper into food delivery with a new Olo partnership
- Vertical forests are returning nature to cities, one skyscraper at a time
- No hassle, no negotiation: How Care by Volvo could change car buying forever
- ‘Make it so!’ Amazon’s Alexa just got some cool new Star Trek Easter eggs
- Here are OnePlus 5 tips and tricks to help you master the OxygenOS
- Motorcycle buying guide: What to know before buying your first bike
- Premium notebook knockout: ThinkPad X1 Carbon versus the Surface Laptop
- Google Doodle celebrates Asima Chatterjee, pioneering chemist – CNET
- Big for a reason: Behold the Klipsch Forte III speakers – CNET
- Microsoft and Facebook complete 4,000-mile ‘Marea’ undersea cable
- The best new shows and movies to stream: ‘Transparent’ season 4 and more
- 10 milestones in AI history, from neural networks to ‘Jeopardy!’ wins
- Play as Princess Daisy and explore a new world in ‘Super Mario Run’ update
- Get your pup trail-ready with this essential hiking gear for dogs
- Help your hot new processor chill out with the best CPU coolers
- Philips EverPlay BT6900 review
- Five iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus tips and tricks to get the most out of your new phone
- Our favorite Star Trek episodes of all time – CNET
- The coolest cabin in England is actually a converted bus