On Friday, during PAX West, Alienware and Tobii will reveal a new gaming product that will take advantage of the latter company’s eye-tracking technology. It may be a gaming notebook that uses Tobii’s IS4 platform for laptops, monitors, and AIOs. The post Alienware dropping hints about a new product based on Tobii’s eye-tracking tech appeared first on Digital Trends
A company named SolarWindow Technologies has created transparent solar panels, which turn regular windows into photovoltaics 50 times more productive than the ones you’d attach to a roof.
As the first turbocharged mid-engine V8 Ferrari since the iconic F40 and the successor to the lauded 458 Italia, the 488 GTB has a lot to live up to. Fortunately, it appears to be up to the challenge.
A startup called GrokStyle has developed an algorithm that claims to be more accurate than any competing system at recognizing objects within a picture and then linking them to real-world items for sale. The post Startup uses deep learning to let you shop for items by snapping photos appeared first on Digital Trends
Join CNET editors on a tour of all the gadgets catching our eye at the IFA 2016 tech show in Berlin.
Technically Incorrect: This is how you get 110,000 people to instantly like a tweet. You stand up for something.
Goodbye eye drops! Researchers at Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital have created a smart contact lens capable of delivering doses of medication directly to the eye.
Technically Incorrect: The launch ad for the Gear S3 smartwatch feels very much like an old-fashioned watch ad. A men’s watch ad. Is this the way to differentiate yourself from Apple watch?
A hack from 2012 reportedly resulted in the breach of far more user information than previously believed.
Netflix has renewed the ’80s-inspired horror series. Read our theories on Eleven’s fate, those creepy pollywogs and Chief Hopper’s new gig.
Google has announced that it is bringing support for Google Patents, the patent search engine, to 11 more countries, essentially allowing users to search through the patents in each of those countries. The post Google expands its patent search engine to 11 more countries to aid budding inventors appeared first on Digital Trends .
In Hiedelburg, Germany construction has begun on what will be the largest passive housing building to date. A 162-unit apartment complex is set to include several buildings, utilizing 85 percent less energy than comparable developments. The post Largest passive housing development now underway in Germany appeared first on Digital Trends
Two 2-in-1 laptops were announced this week — Lenovo’s Yoga 910 and Acer’s Spin 7. The latter is lighter and thinner, but is it actually better overall?
Apple got slapped with a $14.5 billion tax penalty for its agreement with Ireland, which may appeal the European Commission’s decision. The agreement allowed Apple to pay lower taxes compared to other companies. The post Ireland may appeal European Commission’s $14.5 billion tax penalty on Apple appeared first on Digital Trends
Mercedes-AMG has revealed its latest offering: the GLC43 Coupe with 362 horsepower and 384 pound-feet of torque from a twin-turbo V6 engine. The compact crossover coupe goes toe to toe with BMW’s new X4 M40i.
One man is responsible for more than one quarter of all complaints against the controversial buses, reports the SF Examiner.
Life looks better from a bird’s-eye view, right?
Smartphones and action cameras can be hard to hand-hold, but the Olloclip Pivot makes it a bit easier, thanks to an ergonomic grip. It rotates 225 degrees to provide a comfortable hold from a variety of different shooting angles.
To help home buyers and sellers feel comfortable with the real estate process, a company named Zeppidy created a fully comprehensive online platform geared toward making the process transparent and efficient. The post Zeppidy centralizes home buying/selling into an all-in-one online tool appeared first on Digital Trends
The app unlocks the power of raw photo editing, an option that offers new flexibility and image quality compared to plain old JPEGs.
- ‘Justice League’: 7 burning questions about what comes next – CNET
- Legend of the seas: a look inside the massive RMS Queen Mary – CNET
- Above and below decks of the beautiful Queen Mary – CNET
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet: Snow scooters and fully automatic toothbrushes
- Nuraphone hands-on review
- Jaguar Land Rover takes its self-driving cars to public streets
- ‘Slaughterbots’ video warns of the future of fully autonomous weapons
- The Elusive Targets of ‘Hitman’ will return for an encore performance
- AC/DC guitarist and co-founder Malcolm Young dies at 64
- August Smart Lock Third Generation Review
- World’s largest retailer cautiously optimistic about Tesla’s electric big rig
- I went to buy an iPhone X. AT&T told me Galaxy Note 8 is better – CNET
- The Audiophiliac picks the best speakers of 2017 – CNET
- Apple’s Denmark-based data center gets a new neighbor in the form of Google
- Verizon and NFL move forward on deal to expand streaming rights
- This crazy Bluetooth speaker turntable system actually works – CNET
- Visualize thousands of distant worlds in the Periodic Table of Exoplanets
- What the heck is machine learning, and why is it everywhere these days?
- Best new shows and movies to stream: ‘Mudbound,’ ‘The Punisher season 1,’ more
- Breathing dust and hanging on for dear life at this year’s Baja 1000
- The 31 best Black Friday 2017 deals so far – CNET
- Oh baby! ‘Incredibles 2’ teaser launches a Jack-Jack attack – CNET
- Selling your phone or tablet? Here’s how to wipe your Android phone
- Patagonia follows two snowboarders through Scotland in ‘Right to Roam’ film
- The inner workings of surreal mechanical sculptures – CNET
- Whimsical mechanical creatures spring to life, tell stories – CNET
- HomePod delay clouds Apple’s smart speaker future – CNET
- Inside the creative maker spaces proving China can do more than manufacture
- Best Black Friday deals for cord-cutters: Roku, Fire TV and more – CNET
- Weekly Rewind: Bill Gates’ smart city, a robo pillow, our Black Friday favorites