You can sign a proposal to help bring female NASA scientists to the Lego world. While the creation of the set wouldn’t immediately improve gender equality, normalizing women in STEM is a key first step to change. The post Proposal seeks to improve the state of gender equality in the Lego universe appeared first on Digital Trends
Technically Incorrect: First, the Golden State Warriors star claims he was hacked. Then he comes clean.
Just think of it as the 21st century version of a message in a bottle. Rather than sending these guys out to sea, you’re sending them out to Polaris, otherwise known as the North Star. The post This is our era’s message in a bottle — a beamed message to Polaris appeared first on Digital Trends .
A wider range of body materials loaded with cameras, sensors, wiring, and radar is driving the costs of new car damage repairs sky high. More often than not, even with simple bumper dings, it’s cheaper to replace than repair. The post Don't go into shock over the repair estimate after an accident with a new car appeared first on Digital Trends .
Apple will be updating its Apple Store app with personal recommendations for devices and other products that are available for purchase in the app. It’s not clear what data the company will pull for the recommendations. The post Mind reading: Personal recommendations to be used in Apple Store app appeared first on Digital Trends
Ambitious project could reduce Uber’s dependence on Google Maps and support driverless cars, reports Financial Times.
Their domain may be in the skies, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help those in the sea. A new application of drone technology seeks to aid the whale and dolphin populations of Hawai’i by creating more accurate lists of the mammals’ pods. The post Will drones play a role in saving the whales and the dolphins?
App and product developers can rest easy after the FDA released recommendations indicating the agency will not regulate low-level wellness and fitness products, including fitness trackers, weight management applications, and meditation apps.
If inconvenience was ever an excuse that you used to get out of getting your eyes checked, you’re out of luck. Meet SVOne Enterprise, a new device from Smart Vision Labs that’s making eye exams easier than ever. The post This is the eye exam of the 21st century — meet the SVOne from Smart Vision Labs appeared first on Digital Trends .
Startup CDx has a mobile purity analyzer with replaceable nanosensors to sample, analyze, and report water, air, food, and cannabis quality.
Technically Incorrect: In an entertaining exposé, three former Apple store workers explain what customers fail to mention about their malfunctioning iPhones.
In the tech world, a lot happens in a week. So much news goes on, in fact, that it’s almost impossible for mere mortals with real lives to keep track of everything
See talented cosplayers dressed as Doctor Strange, Wonder Woman, Xena the Warrior Princess, and more in this new video from Sneaky Zebra.
The most annoying thing about PDF files is that you can’t edit them. Thankfully, it’s easy to convert a PDF file into a standard format that’s compatible with Microsoft Word. The post Need a Word with your PDF files?
Micro bakery Le Bread Xpress offers oven-baked baguettes on demand, with no trip to France needed.
Technically Incorrect: Luke Aikins become the first ever human to leap from a plane high up and just dive right down.
Open up the garage door on New Frontier’s tiny homes, and you may be surprised what you see inside. The company manages to put a lot of luxury inside its 240-square-foot homes. The post A garage door opens into luxury on this tiny home appeared first on Digital Trends
Agriculture is about to get a healthy injection of AI. Thanks to machine learning company Prospera, one of man’s oldest practices will be made new by way of Propsera’s AI based solutions.
HTC has allocated $100 million to help developers get VIVE VR-related products to market.
How are you going to get through this week? By following our guide to the finest films and TV shows available now, of course.
- Not happy with the latest? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10
- Self-contained Winnebago Revel 4×4 lets you stay wherever you can drive
- Going once, going twice: An Apple-1 and a Steve Jobs autograph – CNET
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet: 8K VR, smoke-free fires, a drone for your home
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ spaceship flies over New York City – CNET
- You and Bambi will both appreciate the new technologies reducing roadkill
- 12 famous faces joining the casts of popular series this fall
- LG UJ7700 TV unboxing and setup: Get this affordable big screen ready to watch
- Watch the first trailer for Wes Anderson’s new stop-motion film ‘Isle of Dogs’
- Explore new and different gaming worlds with 20 of the best indie games
- No frenzied rush at the iPhone 8 launch as consumers hold out for iPhone X
- Amazon dives deeper into food delivery with a new Olo partnership
- Vertical forests are returning nature to cities, one skyscraper at a time
- No hassle, no negotiation: How Care by Volvo could change car buying forever
- ‘Make it so!’ Amazon’s Alexa just got some cool new Star Trek Easter eggs
- Here are OnePlus 5 tips and tricks to help you master the OxygenOS
- Motorcycle buying guide: What to know before buying your first bike
- Premium notebook knockout: ThinkPad X1 Carbon versus the Surface Laptop
- Google Doodle celebrates Asima Chatterjee, pioneering chemist – CNET
- Big for a reason: Behold the Klipsch Forte III speakers – CNET
- Microsoft and Facebook complete 4,000-mile ‘Marea’ undersea cable
- The best new shows and movies to stream: ‘Transparent’ season 4 and more
- 10 milestones in AI history, from neural networks to ‘Jeopardy!’ wins
- Play as Princess Daisy and explore a new world in ‘Super Mario Run’ update
- Get your pup trail-ready with this essential hiking gear for dogs
- Help your hot new processor chill out with the best CPU coolers
- Philips EverPlay BT6900 review
- Five iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus tips and tricks to get the most out of your new phone
- Our favorite Star Trek episodes of all time – CNET
- The coolest cabin in England is actually a converted bus