Technically Incorrect: A West Virginia inmate somehow gets hold of a cell phone and merrily posts away, while in handcuffs. But where did he get the phone?
A San Francisco engineer posted a YouTube video demoing a touchscreen mirror he claims to have built. The video has over 800,000 views and Reddit is flaming
For the first time, Comcast Corp.’s NBC will be distributing footage from the Olympics. Snapchat users will be able to see the events and athletes up close through the app. The content will be curated by Buzzfeed.
In a settlement offer in a two-year-old class action lawsuit about service dogs for blind people, Uber will give guidance to drivers. Uber also offered a $225,000 payment to the National Federation of the Blind California chapter The post Uber proposes settlement for guide dog lawsuit appeared first on Digital Trends .
RetroFab is a system that lets you take a 3D image of your toaster or alarm clock and redesign the switches, buttons, or controls. It 3D prints the retrofit to fit over your existing appliance and make it smarter or easier to use. The post Over your oven?
Smart Kapp is a smart whiteboard that allows you to draw with an ordinary dry-erase marker, then share a digital version of it seamlessly from an app, no sloppy camera shot needed. The post When your phone is too small for big ideas, you need a smart whiteboard appeared first on Digital Trends
Technically Incorrect: The Catterbox sounds wonderful. You might ask, however, how the collar knows what the cat is saying.
Technically Incorrect: In an illuminating Twitter conversation, Apple’s Phil Schiller says you should never pluralize Apple product names.
More than 3.5 million Nissan vehicles are being recalled after injuries from passenger airbags. The problem is detecting what’s in the seat. The airbag seat sensors have trouble knowing if the seat holds an adult, a child, or is empty.
Want to get Wi-Fi working in your home, but don’t know where to start? Here’s a quick tutorial outlining the four basic steps needed for most routers. You’ll be browsing on your laptop from the couch in no time.
The water-damaged phone could hold clues to the fate of the boys, whose families had initially disagreed as to how the device should be dealt with.
With just 72 hours spent watching human drivers, Nvidia’s GPU-based computers were able to use machine learning to construct a road-worthy driverless car system. The system is continues to learn after delivery, watching anytime a human driver takes over. The post School's in session — Nvidia's driverless system learns by watching appeared first on Digital Trends
Over half of the social networking site’s active users used only their mobile devices to connect in the first quarter of this year. The company’s significant growth outside North America and Europe is the reason
Whether you’re looking to replace your laptop with a tablet or merely want to increase your typing speed, a physical Bluetooth keyboard is the perfect companion to the Apple iPad. Check out our top picks for every iPad model
Not sure what new music to listen to? We’ll let you know what new tracks and albums dropping this week are worthy of your attention
Jazz up your boring Sony-issued DualShock controller this weekend with this easy step-by-step walkthrough on how to install LED lights on each of the controller’s joysticks. The post Weekend Workshop: How to install LED joystick lights on a PlayStation controller appeared first on Digital Trends .
The LG G5 is an admirable smartphone, but it’s not without its flaws. Thankfully, we’ve discovered some of the most common LG G5 problems, along with potential workarounds and fixes. The post 10 annoying LG G5 problems, and how to fix them appeared first on Digital Trends .
Once a Mecca of cheap electronics and gadget goodness, Akihabara has become something different, but no less incredible, and is still home to perhaps the largest electronics store in the world.
Tokyo’s Akihabara Electric Town was once a legendary haven for cheap electronics. Now it’s something a bit different
Moshi’s iGlaze Ion case for the iPhone 6 or 6S has a dual-layer design, so you can take off that chunky battery pack when you don’t need the extra juice.
- Not happy with the latest? Here’s how to downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10
- Self-contained Winnebago Revel 4×4 lets you stay wherever you can drive
- Going once, going twice: An Apple-1 and a Steve Jobs autograph – CNET
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet: 8K VR, smoke-free fires, a drone for your home
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ spaceship flies over New York City – CNET
- You and Bambi will both appreciate the new technologies reducing roadkill
- 12 famous faces joining the casts of popular series this fall
- LG UJ7700 TV unboxing and setup: Get this affordable big screen ready to watch
- Watch the first trailer for Wes Anderson’s new stop-motion film ‘Isle of Dogs’
- Explore new and different gaming worlds with 20 of the best indie games
- No frenzied rush at the iPhone 8 launch as consumers hold out for iPhone X
- Amazon dives deeper into food delivery with a new Olo partnership
- Vertical forests are returning nature to cities, one skyscraper at a time
- No hassle, no negotiation: How Care by Volvo could change car buying forever
- ‘Make it so!’ Amazon’s Alexa just got some cool new Star Trek Easter eggs
- Here are OnePlus 5 tips and tricks to help you master the OxygenOS
- Motorcycle buying guide: What to know before buying your first bike
- Premium notebook knockout: ThinkPad X1 Carbon versus the Surface Laptop
- Google Doodle celebrates Asima Chatterjee, pioneering chemist – CNET
- Big for a reason: Behold the Klipsch Forte III speakers – CNET
- Microsoft and Facebook complete 4,000-mile ‘Marea’ undersea cable
- The best new shows and movies to stream: ‘Transparent’ season 4 and more
- 10 milestones in AI history, from neural networks to ‘Jeopardy!’ wins
- Play as Princess Daisy and explore a new world in ‘Super Mario Run’ update
- Get your pup trail-ready with this essential hiking gear for dogs
- Help your hot new processor chill out with the best CPU coolers
- Philips EverPlay BT6900 review
- Five iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus tips and tricks to get the most out of your new phone
- Our favorite Star Trek episodes of all time – CNET
- The coolest cabin in England is actually a converted bus